Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Wednesday, 5/25/22

Well, I guess no news is good news.  Everything is still status quo.  Incremental improvements in blood work, good EKG results, no side effects from chemo besides fatigue.  She has 13 more treatments to go. From day to day, Mom's energy level varies, but she's really good at power napping, even though she'll rarely take one. Eddie came by again yesterday. We all played a round of electronic Yahtzee, and he decided Mom should be awarded a "Chemo Brain Handicap." She got 25 points added to her total, which did not help much. Mom says it's not the chemo, but the Yahtzee game that's the problem. The buttons are pretty tiny and confusing. 

She Face Timed with her sewing group today during a birthday lunch they were having, and they passed her around the table. It will be quite a celebration when they can all get together for lunch again. 

The last couple days' IV pole names have been Slim Jim and Shakespeare. Today, it's Finn.     

3 comments:

  1. This is Joann chambers. So good to hear your voice and see u on FaceTime. I'm trying to be good and stay off this knee. It's hard to do. I've gotten a lot of reading done. We may stop and see u tomorrow afternoon. I will call first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun to pass you around at lunch so you visit & see everyone. The Chicken Salad Chick was closed, but drive thru was open. I think they are having a staffing problem. So ended up at Antonio’s Mexican restaurant. I’m glad you are staying strong & holding the line. Prayers are powerful & God is listening. Glory be to Him. Your prayer warriors will keep lifting you up for healing & more good days. ✝️🙏💟. Donna N.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!! FINN WAS MY ENTRY!!

    ReplyDelete

22 July 2022

 We're going with "cautiously optimistic" to describe the visit from the doctor today. Mom jokes that she'll most likely b...