***Please Pray Now***
6:30 pm They just started her chemo drip. We're watching the first twenty minutes closely for any reactions she might have during that time. She'll be finished by about 10 pm. Today, her IV pole is named Tykephus (thanks to her grandson, Cory, for that ridiculousness). She had to walk around the pole to get untangled a minute ago, and I said, "just like dancing." She said, "Let's not call it pole dancing."
Noted.
4:45 pm The hospital cardiologist visited today, and will coordinate with her regular cardiologist. She continues to receive a steroid and antibiotics daily. Her oncologist visited, they put her PICC line in, and the chemo drip will start around 5 pm. She's being given an anti-nausea medication beforehand. She's feeling great right now, and ready to get it started. Once the chemo starts, it will take about 3 hours to complete. She'll get it every day, unless the her oncologist decides to adjust it.
She and Toni have been quilting and embroidering today. Eddie stopped by with several hand-held electronic Yahtzee games; truly enough for a tournament. He's looking forward to some competition, but we have to get used to all the buttons first. I wouldn't be surprised if he showed up with a white board for results or bracket next time.
Oooo! I’m excited for the Yahtzee games! Grama, Hendsley says you are the strongest person she knows, and she awaits the day when she can take another nap in your arms. We love you!! - Katie, Ryan, and Baby H
ReplyDeleteMomma you are the strongest most brave woman I know! So in awe of you! Love you bunches!!
ReplyDeleteHi Charlotte. So sorry you have hit this bump in the road. I love this blog. Know you have over a dozen pickleballers praying for your recovery and return. I plan on visiting so will get all my kitten pictures queued up. Lol Take care.
ReplyDeletePs. Pole suggestion- Stalker.
Tom and I are praying that you will prove them all wrong as you have, so far, and have no side effects. I'm glad you are surrounded by those who love you and hope that you feel all the love being sent your way!
ReplyDeleteCharlotte, we are so encouraged by yesterday & todays post. Sounds like you got this! Keep up that fighting attitude. Your faith will carry you down that long road. Continued Prayers for God to pour out His healing powers, strength & peace over you. 💟 Donna & Bob
ReplyDelete